Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Winner, History Category, Indie Excellence Award 2015 for "Metaphysical Odyssey into the Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero and His Secret Book, Spiritist Manual"

Thrilled to announce that my book, Metaphysical Odyssey into the Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero and His Secret Book, Spiritist Manual, has won the Indie Excellence Award for History.

Description of the book:

In a blend of biography, personal essay, and a rendition of deeply researched metaphysical and Mexican history that reads like a novel, award-winning writer and noted literary translator C.M. Mayo provides a rich introduction and the first translation of the secret book by Francisco I. Madero, leader of Mexico's 1910 Revolution and President of Mexico 1911-1913.


"Mayo... provides not only an English translation of Madero's Spiritist Manual, but also a lively intoduction... The author argues effectively that Madero's manual is essential to understanding his revolutionary zeal."--Kirkus Reviews


It's available in paperback and Kindle, and also in Spanish, translated by Agustín Cadena as Odisea metafísica hacia la revolución Mexicana, Francisco I. Madero y su libro secreto, Manual espírita. That edition is available in paperback and Kindle from Dancing Chiva and in Mexico from Literal Publishing.

> Visit the book's webpage (read excerpts and more)

> Listen in to my talk about this book for the UCSD Center for US-Mexican Studies

> Listen in to my talk for PEN San Miguel

> Your comments are always welcome, and I invite you to opt-in to my every-other-month-ish newsletter which will go out to subscribers shortly.