Sunday, October 07, 2012

La ofrenda debida por Agustín Cadena

One of the most profound and elegant writers from Mexico is Agustín Cadena, and he's just brought out a splendid new collection of poetry, La ofrenda debida.

If you read Spanish, be sure to check out his blog, El vino y la hiel.

If you don't read Spanish, check out my translation of his short story, "Lady of the Seas," in my anthology, Mexico: A Traveler's Literary Companion. 
You can also read my translation of history story "Parque Murillo" in Eduardo Jimenez Mayo and Chris N. Brown's anthology, Three Messages and a Warning.

P.S. Five quick questions for Agustin Cadena, apropos of his short story collection, Las tentaciones de la dicha.

P.S.S. I'm incredibly proud to say he translated-- beautifully-- my novel, The Last Prince of the Mexican Empire, as El último príncipe del Imperio Mexicano.