Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Top Posts in 2012 (The Year the World Did Not End and Anyway I Kept on Blogging)

What is this "Madam Mayo" blog all about? Dear reader, it has been nearly 10 years since I started blogging and I am still poking at that question. As "Madam Mayo" evolves, one thing I do know: while the majority of my posts point elsewhere on the web, to my books, articles,  guest-blog posts, and podcasts, I continue to post here every Monday and oftentimes more often, and on many an occasion it is original content. 

Having listed the top original posts for 2015, 2014 and 2013, I hereby continue to mosey on back towards the Big Bang of March 2006 with this list of top posts of original content for 2012.

That year my posts were mainly short and link-rich, in the style of economist Tyler Cowan's "Marginal Revolution" or designer Tina Roth Eisenberg's "Swiss Miss"-- two blogs I continue to follow. I was still running guest-blogs-- a fashion that has since faded among writers with a book to promote (and that would include myself). I also note my deepening fascination with podcasting. Not reflected in this selection is that in 2012 I was occupied with reading and researching Metaphysical Odyssey into the Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero and His Secret Book, Spiritist Manual, and with producing my two podcast series, Conversations with Other Writers and the Marfa Mondays Podcasting Project, about which I did blog and often. 


December 31, 2012

August 15, 2012

May 17, 2012